Thursday, October 23, 2014



So here I am. Just a few weeks away from staring my career as a medical social worker. Sometimes life surprises us. I still remember when I was sitting in the parking lot of Cal state san bernardino chatting with Loma Linda University about their master of Social Work program. I thought I wanted to be a therapist and I ended up falling in love with medical social work.

Above all, all I want is Gods will. But what is that?

I want to live out Isaiah 61
I want to help my husband.
I want to be the best mommy I can be.
I want to give comfort to those who mourn.
I want to offer hope to the hopeless
I want to help single who have gone through extreme challenges with bad relationships. Those who have been/are being abused.
I want to help the poor single mommy who feels isolated and alone.
I want to help marriages.
I want to help children.

I don't want to get caught up in any of those things being more important than the other because there is really only ONE important thing, that is bringing God glory.


That's all that matters in the end. So that's all I want right now. And because I am not God I will proclaim a prayer of availability to Him each and every day and see what adventure He has in store for us.

For now that means my husband is back in school. My oldest daughter is a senior. My younger daughter is an 8th grader. My son is in pre-k and I am working a couple days a week at the hospital and serving with my husband 2 sundays a month in children's ministry.

Life is a vapor. I don't want the american dream. I want Gods reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment